Technology has changed the way we live so much so that we hardly ever hold a printed calendar any more. Instead, we hold our phones. What's funny, though, is every time you walk into someone's office, you see a calendar sitting on their desk or up on their wall. While digital calendar platforms may be ever present in our lives, people still like to have a big, fun, printed calendar in front of them for easy reference. This makes calendars a powerful tool for marketing your brand, cheaply and effectively. If you have never thought to use a promotional calendar as a way to put your business in the front and center of your clients' minds and on their walls, now is the time.
Although there are other ways to market your brand, there aren't many that are as effective, inexpensive, or flexible as a calendar is. Think of it this way, a calendar is something you pay for once, but it lasts all year. From a design standpoint, your options are essentially limitless because calendars can be made in all shapes and sizes. And, a recent study showed that, on average, people check their calendars 10 times a day. 10 times a day for 365 days... that's a lot of impressions for a very low cost.
If you're still wondering, "why calendars?", here's why...
- High-quality imagery
- Forthcoming events
- Branding opportunities
- Low production cost
- High reach/impressions
So, the next time you’re thinking of ways to get your name in front of your customers, send them a free calendar. Here’s how you do it effectively:
- Use your branding wherever possible- making it clear that the calendar came from you
- Include calls-to-action, such as seasonal events, special offers, phone numbers, and website URLs
- Direct people to your social media channels and suggest they follow you
- Remind your customers of any forthcoming events they can attend
- Include leaflets or infographics
- Include dates for your next newsletters or magazines
- Include promotional materials, exclusive to the calendar recipient
- Consider using tear off cards that can be used for promo redemption throughout the year
The SPC 2017 Vermont Brewers Calendar is a great example of how imagination, creativity, and a popular topic can produce a calendar that is actually sought after and anticipated. Like the options available for size, shape, and styles, calendar themes are only limited by imagination and creativity. So, think outside the box and enlist the help of co-workers when planning your next gift calendar. You never know what amazing, collectible works of art can be produced. And instead of your customers thinking of it as more of your marketing material, they'll appreciate it as a gift.